Monday, September 3, 2012

A few class logistics

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are enjoying your Labor day weekend.  I assigned you grades on your practice blogs, your reading blogs, class participation and and comments.

I did not count the frequency of the blogs. I just graded them on the content of what was there.
If you are in the B range, I suggest writing more detailed reflection.  Most of your reading reflections are just fine in the high B to A range.  Some of your practice reflections are great  others could use a bit more elaboration

For class participation, we have had 4 classes.  If you were absent once, you have a B in class participation, otherwise everyone has an A.

On the comments, some of you are not doing these yet.  Some are if  you did 4 comment you got an A,  3 comments  a B   2  a D  and 1 or less an F. 

 In the future, I will need you to send me a list at the end of each week of what blogs you commented on. It will be too difficult for me to keep tally after this week.  I'm open to other ideas about how to facilitate keeping track of this


None of this is set in stone grade wise. In all, I'm very pleased with your work and how the class is going. I just graded you to give you a sense of what grade I would assign based on the amount and quality of work I have seen from you in the first two weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment