Friday, August 24, 2012

Post class reflections

I enjoyed our discussion quite a bit.  So far this semester, I am spending more time with the philosophy discussion than I did last semester.    I particularly appreciated your willingness to share various techniques that you use to still your mental fluctuations. I was fascinated by how many of them are actually listed in the Sutras. If you are interested in reading ahead, the list of techniques occurs at 1.32-1.39.

Cameron asked me a question about what poses to practice at home.  Anything is better than nothing, but generally speaking you can practice what we did in class.  It will help reinforce the learning and the sequence is generally something for the arms, something for the legs, and something restful at the end. 

Have a great weekend  and I'll see you on Tuesday. 

Remember to send me your blog address if you have not done so yet.

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Schultz, Is it okay for us to combine our reading response and practice response into one post? I just wanted to go by week and combine the two responses and title it Week 2 YOGA. Please let me know if that's a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if that works better for you, that is fine.

    ReplyDelete